Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Granny Drags Up



How do I do it all? I don't.

I  have a husband that does a lot. And I've been known to withhold dinner from my kids until they load the dishwasher, clean their room, take out the trash, etc. And I HAD a little secret named Granny Fay. My grandmother lives next door, and since adding the baby to our crew I've been paying my granny to do our laundry and clean up our breakfast dishes while we're at school. Every day. Every single week day. She sorted, washed, dried, folded, put on hangers, and left our clothes for us to put up when we walked in from school. So hours worth of work took us about 10 minutes to put away. 

7 people's laundry, 1 little granny........she drug up yesterday. 

I....I don't have words. Stupid Thanksgiving break. 

I announced it to the family last night.

Me: Granny Fay quit today. 
Mike: WHAT?!!!!
Blake: Oh CRAP!
Grace: Noooooo!!!
Luke: We should've made her sign a year's contract!
Mike: I'm calling her. She has to work out a 2 week notice! This ain't no union.

I'm quitting too. I don't know what they are going to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment