Monday, December 2, 2013

Jerry Springer


I can't stand Jerry Springer. Yet, I've not only invited him in for my family to watch, but I've asked him to sit down on my couch, prop his feet up, stay a while.

Would Jesus have loved Jerry Springer's show? 

He would have been appalled at the sin. But would he have turned the TV off? Would he have loaded up my family in the SUV and said something like, "Let's go to Sunday School and be a nice normal family and not corrupt ourselves with those people's sin. Let's stay as far away as we can." Or would he have sat down on the couch with "those people" and saw them as broken needing a Savior? I really want to be the family that stays away, stays clean, stays above all "those people" ....but...I haven't stayed away from sin, I've been made clean by the blood of the Lamb, I am one of those people. Yet, I feel like I've chosen to give up calm for chaos, give comfort to be stretched, ease for the unknown, joy for sadness, blissfully unaware for burdened, self-reliance for warfare. I listen and watch my foster friends, and I know that this is just how it is.  I've jumped into this Jerry Springer world. Disgust, doubt, lies, surprise. It could make a great show. It can make you want to pull the plug. 

But... I know the answer. I've read about Matthew and Zacchaeus  and Mary.

Would y'all help me pray that I'll remember who    HE   IS    and that this is His script. Pray I'll let go of how I want to live. 

Trying to surrender all,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment