Tuesday, November 11, 2014

On Earth as it is in Heaven

I woke up a few days ago and my very first thoughts were Matthew 6:10. I have gone to bed before thinking about something and woke up with God's words on my mind. In Nicaragua the next morning after we had met the crazy lady that pulled out a knife, I woke up thinking, "He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world." This was a verse that I had heard before although it wasn't on my mind in that terrifying moment. But when I woke up thinking Matthew 6:10, the reference not the verse, I thought it was weird. I got out my bible and looked it up. I recognized it as part of the Lord's Prayer. I've kept rereading that verse and thinking about how it fits our situation. We have had a ROUGH 12 days. It is not easy to bring two new people into your family. Imagine those first two weeks with your newborn. Yes, all that. But with that same hope things will get easier. And some of those sweet moments that make you know it's worth it. I think this is the perfect verse to pray over our home. 

May your kingdom come. May your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Matthew 6:10

Life Application commentary: When we pray, "May your will be done," we are not resigning ourselves to fate but praying God's perfect purpose will be accomplished in this world as well as the next. And how does God accomplish his will on Earth? He does it largely through people willing to obey him. This part of the prayer allows us to offer ourselves as doers of God's will, asking him to guide, lead, and give us the means to accomplish his purposes.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.......

In Heaven, every race of people will worship around the throne of God as one family. On Earth, let me, my family, and my friends accept the diversity these girls bring into our home. Unite us as one family.

God desires all his sons and daughters come to know him and share in his inheritance. May this home be the place these girls are loved as daughters, and the place they come to know their Savior. 

In Heaven, everything sad will be undone and joy and peace will replace every emotion. Let this home be the place they begin to heal. Turn their sadness into joy. Turn their anger and bitterness into peace. 

In Heaven, God will reign. Help us. Give us the strength, guidance, and desire to obey you.

In Heaven, God Almighty, the Great I Am, will be glorified. May we make your name known through your good works created for us to carry out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment