Friday, February 7, 2014

Anxious

I'm anxiously awaiting our new placement. Our snow babies stayed even longer than expected and went home Monday. The next day we got a call for a three year old. Some unexpected things happened, and we had to wait a couple more days to get her. We are so excited to meet her. We talked about the possible behaviors we might see from a three-and-a-half-year old coming into foster care. This could be tough. Small children consume your freedom and comfort in the best of circumstances anyway. Those snow babies about wore us out. I started thinking about why I am so excited for something that will be so hard. I figured it out this morning.

In my Bible study this morning, I read a story about a man who's grandmother had passed away. After 50 years of marriage his grandfather was just lost. Trying to ease some of the loneliness the man went and spent the night with his grandfather. They enjoyed each other's company that evening, and when it was time to go to bed the grandfather asked what the man would like to have for breakfast. The man gave his request and went to bed. Later he got up for a drink of water. He walked into the kitchen to find a lavishly set table. His grandfather was so excited to serve him breakfast. He was anxious about the fellowship he was going to have with his grandson come morning.

I can't wait to meet this little person today. I can't wait to see what she looks like, her personality, her voice. But I am so anxious for the opportunity to serve God. Anxiously awaiting for it to begin, because the fellowship during it is so good. And to think that he has already set this up in anticipation of spending time with me....well, that just overwhelms me.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful blog post. This is how I felt when my dad died. I was so grief stricken but the closeness that I felt to the Lord was amazing. He is so good! Good to know you sense His presence while doing foster care.

    ReplyDelete